Wednesday, August 24, 2011

"Slave Earrings"...Really Vogue O.O

Hey guys,

Underhanded racism inspired jewelry??

pic via Vogue Italia


Slave earrings, you heard me right! I don't know whether to be upset, shocked, appalled or confused.  Now, I get the "inspiration" as it is ethnic inspired jewelry. but come on Vogue! You couldn't pick a more appropriate name? How about African inspired, cultured or even the blanket term of choice, ethnic.

Now, they did change the name of the earrings to the blanket term, however why did it have to create a controversy to do so? I mean, isn't that like common sense? Smh! 

What's next, Jim Crow necklaces? Jena 6 commemorative rings? Gtfoh! Where is the NAACP? Al Sharpton? I mean, do they NOT read yahoo news..? I guess its ok since it cross the water? Bull shit!!

Ugh! To see the article and pictures as proof, click here :http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-2028817/Vogue-featuring-racist-slave-earrings.html

s/o to Ray for emailing me this article. Smooches!

Ugh!
Jahlicia <3

1 comment:

  1. Wow!! That's all I can say right now. Interesting. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete